By Sharon Packer,Jody Pennington
Evil isn't really easily an summary theological or philosophical speaking element. In our society, the belief of evil feeds leisure, manifests in every type of media, and is a root notion in our collective psyche. This obtainable and attractive publication examines what evil capacity to us.
• comprises the insights of students from greatly various educational fields to examine evil from numerous issues of view, giving readers a broader viewpoint at the topic
• Compiles specialist evaluations from American, American expatriate, ecu, Asian, and heart japanese individuals
• Covers the portrayal of evil in lots of assorted varieties of media—film, tv, tune, paintings, games, literature, poetry—as good as in politics, present occasions, and the criminal arena
Read or Download A History of Evil in Popular Culture: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal About America [2 volumes]: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal about America PDF
Similar popular culture books
In learning fabric tradition, anthropologists and archaeologists use significant actual items from a tradition to assist comprehend the fewer tangible features of that tradition, reminiscent of societal constitution, rituals, and values. What occurs while those items are destroyed, by way of warfare, typical catastrophe, or different historic occasions?
Reading a number fable movies published some time past decade, Pheasant-Kelly seems to be at why those movies are significant to present audiences. The imagery and topics reflecting Sept. 11, millennial anxieties, and environmental mess ups have furthered fantasy's upward thrust to dominance as they enable audience to paintings via hectic thoughts of those matters.
In his most recent ebook, Patrick Brantlinger probes the country of latest the USA. Brantlinger takes target at neoliberal economists, the Tea celebration circulate, gun tradition, immigration, waste worth, surplus humans, the warfare on terror, technological determinism, and globalization. An invigorating go back to vintage cultural experiences with its main issue for social justice and demanding situations to financial orthodoxy, States of Emergency is a pleasant mixture of journalism, satire, and conception that addresses the various such a lot urgent problems with our time.
As an artist, David Bowie used to be generally thought of a “chameleon,” laying off one character to create one other and therefore staying renowned, proper and compelling. in truth, Bowie was once in a position to paintings with the assets round him to create whatever new, inflicting many to determine him as a kind of lone artist instead of a collaborator within the construction of his personal famous person.
- Cultures of Masculinity
- Fußball ohne Abseits: Ergebnisse und Perspektiven des Projekts 'Soziale Integration von Mädchen durch Fußball' (Bildung und Sport) (German Edition)
- Der Mund ist aufgegangen: Vom Geschmack der Kindheit (German Edition)
- Flyover Country: Baby Boomers and Their Stories
- MacArthur Park (Images of America)
Additional info for A History of Evil in Popular Culture: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal About America [2 volumes]: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal about America