By Vivienne Sanders
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview requisites of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and information for every appropriate specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for various classes including:
- AQA: the yank Dream: fact and phantasm, 1945-1980
Read or Download Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA PDF
Best uk history books
In 1355 the Black Prince took a military to Bordeaux and launched into chevauchées [mounted army expeditions, in general characterized by way of the devastation of the encompassing cities and countryside], which culminated in his decisive victory over King Jean II of France at Poitiers the subsequent yr. utilizing the recorded itineraries as his start line, the writer of this e-book walked greater than 1,300 miles throughout France, retracing the routes of the armies looking for a better realizing of the Black Prince's day trip.
Churchill's exalted place within the pantheon of Jewish and Zionist heroes has been nearly taken with no consideration. This publication seems to be past the parable and makes a sober reappraisal of the British statesman's attitudes and rules in the direction of the Jews and to Zionism.
The formerly untold tale of the hidden politics that went on backstage in the course of the dealing with of the Royal abdication challenge of 1936. The King Who needed to pass describes the tough realities of ways the equipment of presidency responds whilst even the King steps out of line. It unearths the pitiless and insidious battles in Westminster and Whitehall that settled the destiny of the King and Mrs Simpson.
The Englishwoman’s assessment, which released from 1866 to 1910, participated in and recorded a good swap within the diversity of percentages open to girls. the appropriate of the journal was once the belief of the rising emancipated middle-class girl: financial independence from males, selection of profession, participation within the male organisations of trade and executive, entry to better schooling, admittance to the male professions, quite drugs, and, in fact, the facility of suffrage equivalent to that of fellows.
- Women's Agency in Early Modern Britain and the American Colonies: 1450-1700 (Themes In British Social History)
- The Bones of a King: Richard III Rediscovered
- Angel Meadow: Victorian Britain's Most Savage Slum
- The Evolution of Sympathy in the Long Eighteenth Century: Volume 18 (The Enlightenment World)
- The Fatal Land: War, Empire, and the Highland Soldier in British America (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-C)
- Material London, ca. 1600 (New Cultural Studies)
Additional resources for Access to History: The American Dream: Reality and Illusion, 1945-1980 for AQA