By Jason Laurendeau
This in-depth exploration of the background and tradition of the occasionally criminal activity of BASE leaping offers ancient and present info in addition to a glimpse into the extraordinary adrenaline rush of the sport.
• A historical past of early makes an attempt at human flight in addition to a chronology of mounted item jumping
• Illustrations of jumpers, BASE leaping issues, and equipment
• A thesaurus of keywords similar to "burnt item" and "object strike"
• A source consultant with additional info similar to various movies and internet sites for BASE organizations
Read Online or Download BASE Jumping: The Ultimate Guide (Greenwood Guides to Extreme Sports) PDF
Best popular culture books
In learning fabric tradition, anthropologists and archaeologists use significant actual gadgets from a tradition to assist comprehend the fewer tangible points of that tradition, comparable to societal constitution, rituals, and values. What occurs while those items are destroyed, through warfare, average catastrophe, or different ancient occasions?
Studying quite a number myth motion pictures published long ago decade, Pheasant-Kelly seems to be at why those movies are significant to present audiences. The imagery and issues reflecting Sept. 11, millennial anxieties, and environmental failures have furthered fantasy's upward thrust to dominance as they enable audience to paintings via hectic stories of those matters.
In his newest e-book, Patrick Brantlinger probes the nation of latest the US. Brantlinger takes target at neoliberal economists, the Tea celebration flow, gun tradition, immigration, waste worth, surplus humans, the conflict on terror, technological determinism, and globalization. An invigorating go back to vintage cultural stories with its drawback for social justice and demanding situations to fiscal orthodoxy, States of Emergency is a pleasant mixture of journalism, satire, and conception that addresses a number of the so much urgent problems with our time.
As an artist, David Bowie used to be extensively thought of a “chameleon,” laying off one personality to create one other and hence staying well known, proper and compelling. actually, Bowie was once capable of paintings with the assets round him to create anything new, inflicting many to work out him as a type of lone artist instead of a collaborator within the construction of his personal big name.
- The Later Swing Era, 1942 to 1955: Lawrence McClellan
- A Theory of Narrative Drawing (Palgrave Studies in Comics and Graphic Novels)
- Daydream Sunset: The 60s Counterculture in the 70s
- Inwieweit trägt das Internet zu einer McDonaldisierung und Deprofessionalisierung bei (German Edition)
Additional resources for BASE Jumping: The Ultimate Guide (Greenwood Guides to Extreme Sports)