By Larry Z Leslie
This ebook deals a severe examine big name and celebrities all through background, emphasizing the improvement of megastar as an idea, its relevance to contributors, and the function of the general public and celebrities in renowned culture.
• info and records spotlight the intensity of the public's involvement with celebrities, together with attendance at superstar performances, on-line famous person connections, tables approximately salaries, and letters to celebrities
• offers a chronological view of the phenomenon of big name within the usa, the growth of which parallels the improvement of media in America
• The bibliography presents details for extra examining and study in addition to details in terms of citations within the text
• A word list defines phrases vital to an entire realizing of famous person, for instance, "Jung's collective unconscious"
Read or Download Celebrity in the 21st Century: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best popular culture books
In learning fabric tradition, anthropologists and archaeologists use significant actual gadgets from a tradition to aid comprehend the fewer tangible features of that tradition, reminiscent of societal constitution, rituals, and values. What occurs whilst those gadgets are destroyed, by means of struggle, normal catastrophe, or different historic occasions?
Analyzing a number of fable movies published some time past decade, Pheasant-Kelly appears at why those movies are significant to present audiences. The imagery and issues reflecting Sep 11, millennial anxieties, and environmental mess ups have furthered fantasy's upward thrust to dominance as they permit audience to paintings via aggravating thoughts of those concerns.
In his most modern ebook, Patrick Brantlinger probes the kingdom of up to date the USA. Brantlinger takes objective at neoliberal economists, the Tea social gathering circulation, gun tradition, immigration, waste worth, surplus humans, the warfare on terror, technological determinism, and globalization. An invigorating go back to vintage cultural reviews with its crisis for social justice and demanding situations to fiscal orthodoxy, States of Emergency is a pleasant mixture of journalism, satire, and thought that addresses a few of the so much urgent problems with our time.
As an artist, David Bowie was once greatly thought of a “chameleon,” laying off one character to create one other and therefore staying well known, appropriate and compelling. in fact, Bowie used to be capable of paintings with the assets round him to create anything new, inflicting many to work out him as a kind of lone artist instead of a collaborator within the construction of his personal big name.
- The Walking Dead and Philosophy: Zombie Apocalypse Now (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series Book 29)
- Brauchen wir Zeitungen?: Zehn Gründe, warum die Zeitungen untergehen. Und zehn Vorschläge, wie dies verhindert werden kann (edition medienpraxis) (German Edition)
- Living in a Landscape of Scarcity: Materiality and Cosmology in West Africa (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications)
- No Future?: 36 Interviews zum Punk (German Edition)
Extra info for Celebrity in the 21st Century: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)